You will be redirected to TheLadders.com
Hiring Company Industry:
Arts -and-amp; Entertainment
Number of Employees:
1 - 100 Employees
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Overview: The Executive Director of Flying House Productions is responsible
for the oversight and management of all the administrative, financial, development, and support functions related to the daily operations of the 3 million dollar organization. The Executive Director (ED) will develop harmonious working relationships within the organization (staff and members) and represent the organization to the wider community
, clients, donors, patrons and business associates. The ED will also maintain productive working relationships with GALA and other community choruses.
Full-time professional staff includes the executive director, marketing director, development director, finance director, Advertising -and-amp; Community Relations Manager, development associate, advertising sales -and-amp; publications manager, box office manager, graphic designer, accounting assistant, development associate, company manager, administrative assistant, and assistant artistic director. TheED also works with several contractors on an ongoing basis includingthe organizaton'sartistic director.
Flying House Productions considers itself to be more than simply a local arts organization. In addition to the high level of performances it produces, FHP is also a voice for acceptance in the community and across the nation. It also plays an important national role as an organization that provides musical leadership, mentorship and administrative expertise that influences dozens of other arts organization throughout the country and around the world.
This position will serve as the face of Flying House Productions on a local, regional, and national level and it is imperative that the ED maintains and builds upon an established rapport with GALA Choruses, Chorus America, and others.
Reporting Relationships: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and along with the duties outlines above is responsible for carrying out the policies of the Board and keeping the Board informed of organizational activities. The ED is a non-voting (ex officio) member of the Board of Directors.
The ED directly supervises four key directors/managers: finance director, development director, marketing director and company manager, as well as indirectly supervises the assistant artistic director, SWC assistant conductor, and production/stage manager. While the companys Artistic Director (AD) is a contractor who reports directly to the Board of Directors, the ED must work closely with the AD to develop each seasons schedule of concerts, manage related budgets, and coordinate out of town appearances.
A Masters or MBA degree in Business Administration, Arts Management or Non-Profit Management is required. Note: A combination of education and/or comparable non-profit or arts-related work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated work experience in the following areas:
- Major Donor Relations
- Contract negotiation and administration
- Financial Oversight/Direction
- Strategic planning in non-profit organization
- Working with a volunteer board of directors
- Managing and developing paid and volunteer staff
- Member relations
- Advertising, marketing, and event sales and/or oversight
In addition, a general knowledge of and sensitivity toward the following is desirable:
- Musical and/or arts community and their patrons
- LGBTQ community
- Strong, collaborative leadership style and negotiating skills
- Ability to listen to others point of view
- Ability to develop consensus from divergent points of view
- Excellent verbal skills and written skills
- Teamwork approach to managing staff and volunteers
- Ability to lead by established goals and objectives
- Exemplary ethical and business standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Board and Artistic Director to determine strategic plans for the organization and staff implementation
- Supervises management staff; provides guidance and development; conducts regular performance reviews; administers salary levels for all staff following policies approved by the Board as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Negotiates all contracts on behalf of the Board or delegates minor leases to other managers after giving prior approval.
- With the Finance Director, the Artistic Director, other staff members, and the Finance Committee, develops the organizations budget on a timely basis for Board approval
- Provides strict financial oversight for the budget and suggests/reviews changes with responsible managers
- Ensures that accurate financial records and reports are provided to the Finance Committee and the Board, on a timely basis
- Is a member ex officio of the Finance Committee.
- Oversees the annual fundraising plan with the Development Director and presents the plan to the Board for approval as part of the annual budget
- Oversees the Development Plan implementation and actively participates in development activities/events
geared towards general donors
- Directly interacts with Major Donors and is responsible for strengthening the Directors Circle, the endowment, and planned giving strategies.
- General oversight and management of staff related to the following functions of the organization:
- Performance-related products/services
- FHP Publications
- Seattle Mens Chorus -and-amp; Seattle Womens Chorus
- Public Relations
- Fundraising and Special Events
- Production and Artistic Support
- General Operations
- Financial Management
- Ticket Sales
- Facility Management
- Contract Management
- Volunteer Coordination
The Executive Director also performs other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THEIR COVER LETTER, RESUME/CV AND SALARY HISTORY TO [click on "Apply Online" button] BY APRIL 22, 2012
You will be redirected to TheLadders.com
This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - Seattlejobmatch. Category: Marketing, Advertising -and-amp; Business Dev., Keywords: Marketing Director