- Company Name:
- A-List Solutions
Our client is a very successful retailer of a niche market and commands the largest share of its market. They have a very casual work environment, innovative team, and stellar location for access to Seattle?s vibrant lifestyle. Our client is looking for a seasoned veteran Senior eCommerce Engineer to join the team. This position offers the opportunity to design and develop end-to-end solutions. This role is expected to own and evolve core application systems, solve problems and improve process for the business.
Development work will focus on customer ordering systems, including the checkout process, customer accounts, payment processing, and systems that support inventory and shipping. Team members get to work across a wide breadth of systems and technologies in the business and work directly with business users and the technology group. This role is an integral part of initiatives supporting international expansion in Asia and Europe. Primary responsibilities include:
· Develop features and functionality for company?s eCommerce applications including order management, risk analysis, payment processing, and return order processing
· Provide technical leadership for design and implementation of new features and software system enhancements
· Serve as technical lead on business development programs that enhance the ordering process
· Gain a deep understanding of the business and make key recommendations based on that understanding
· Interact directly with internal business groups such as customer service and marketing to define and clarify specifications, analyze business processes, and define solutions
· Serve as subject matter expert across one or more business areas
· Develop software primarily using Java and Oracle PL/SQL.
· Lead a project team on significant software projects
· Perform code and test plan reviews; take responsibility for the quality of released software
· Mentor other developers
· Bachelors degree in computer
Science or equivalent work experience
· Five or more years of professional software development using Java and Oracle PL/SQL.
· Strong analysis, design, development and leadership skills
· Strong communication and problem-solving skills; must be able to effectively manage a project team
· Proven track record of delivering high quality features to production
· The successful candidate will be able to understand and analyze complex problems in order to design and implement robust and maintainable solutions.
· Experience with back-end systems that handle credit card transactions is a strong plus. This includes familiarity with integration with payment gateways (Cybersource, Chase) and custom payment types (Alliance Financing, Google Checkout, etc.)
· Ideal candidate enjoys building software, but also enjoys integration of payment systems/shopping cart into the business solutions and working on cross-functional teams.
· Experience with Spring MVC, Spring Security and Oracle PL/SQL is beneficial but not required.
Local candidates are being given first priority in the screening process.